Monday, December 16, 2013

Birthday Rant

So, today is my birthday. I don't know what the next 12 hours will look like, but the first 10 have not been super.

Our normally-great-sleeper Selah woke up 3 times before 6 am. When she wakes up and I have to go in and re swaddle or whatever, I don't fall back asleep easily. Last night, this problem was compounded by the fact that my idiot psychotic dog (who yesterday consumed an entire bag of trash filled with raw chicken containers, raw beef containers, zucchini casserole, moldy bread buns, dirty diapers, rotten asparagus and 1,000 paper towels), spent the entire night farting so much that our room still reeks of him, hours after he's been out. It's hard to go to sleep with that stench in your nostrils.

Speaking of Ben, he is currently in the backyard going nuts at a squirrel, where he has been barking shrilly for the last 30 minutes. Some times I cannot stand him.

After I finally fell back asleep with Selah cuddled up next to me, I woke up to a nightmare that I was forced to go back to work today with the baby, got in a fight with my boss and slapped her. In a battle of alarm clock vs. nightmare to wake to on your birthday - alarm clock wins.

So, while I wanted to do something inspiring and uplifting on the blog for my birthday (30 by 30?), I really just needed to vent and say "29, so far you suck."


No comments:

Post a Comment